Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm supposed to be folding laundry...

But I decided to post a quick little blurb about how I've scarred my children for life.  A few weeks ago, my girls were playing so great together.  Grace had her backpack packed on on her back and Glory was toting her own bag on her shoulder like her mom and they were playing "house".  At least their version.  Grace told me that they had to hurry and go because they needed to get to the hotel so they could feed the baby who was very hungry and then they had to go to the restaurant so everyone else could eat but they were very late and everyone really needed to do their part because they were very late and the kids were moving too slow and not obeying right away and they needed to hurry so they could finally get to the new house.  This is what I took away from that conversation.  

1.   My kids have moved WAAAAYYYY too much over their small lifetimes.  (Grace is 5 and moved 6 times, Glory is 3 and moved 5 times, Molly is 3 months and moved 1 time)

2. We are always running late.

3. I talk too much about being late.

4.  Grace understands the need to do her part and obey and still moves slow.

5. We have eaten out too often.

6. I've got some incredibly fun, creative, and inventive kids who love to play together!

No comments: